Q :Is it really important "who you know"?
HBD: This is a question I hear more than most. I truly believe the answer is simple – YES. Who you know, may help you get into the room, what you do will determine how long you stay there.
my advice to you:
- Work hard and focus.
- Lead with kindness and compassion
- Resolve any issues or disagreements with love, It is not always easy but always worth it.
Q; Everything feels like a competition between me and my class mates. I don't like this feeling, how can I take the competition out of the equation?
HBD: You won't like my answer, but everything is a competition to a degree. We are in a field that has new demands placed on it every day. You stand in front of a mirror, in dance clothes, next to people who are learning and wishing for the same things that you are. There is really now way around the feeling of "do they like me?" or "Will they choose me?" This career choice is a tough one, but the rewards are great. The feeling that you are progressing, becoming better than yesterday, and making a difference in someone's life is true success.
My advice to you:
- Start each day, class, or rehearsal knowing how important you are to the process.
- Criticisms are given to move you forward, remind yourself you have everything you need to succeed.
- Focus on what you can learn from your classmates or cast-mates, but remember you are made perfectly. 100% of you is enough!!!!
q:How do I stay motivated when I get tired and feel like calling it quits?
HBD: It is simple. DON'T! you are the only person that can push you forward and hold you back. you will have to choose what happens on any given day. but be kind to yourself when things don't go as you'd planned. create another opportunity for yourself to find the motivation for the next time.
My advice to you:
1.Forgive yourself. If you do not feel like pressing through, and press through anyway.
2.Forgive yourself. If you didn't try as hard as you could have, and use more effort next time.
3.Forgive yourself. If you have not met your goal in the time you've planned,start again tomorrow.